This document illustrates the methods of processing personal data for the YamYam smartphone application, which provides a software tool to facilitate the sharing of your private means of transport with a group of friends or colleagues.
To allow a complete understanding and acceptance of these terms and conditions, the following terms, in the singular and plural, will have the meaning indicated below.
- Data controller: Ing. Oreste Riccardo Natale, Zona Industriale ASI s.n.c. c / o Mosaico Monitoring Integrato s.r.l., 83040 Morra de Sanctis (AV), C.F. NTL RTR 75R37F839G, P.I. 025 287 906 41
- Application: the YamYam smartphone application
- User: any user who accesses and uses the Application
We, YamYam and its Owner (“YamYam”, “we”, “we” or “our”), believe that your privacy is important. To fulfill our commitment to respect and protect your privacy, we will adhere to the following principles:
- We will inform you of the personal information that will be collected and, where appropriate, ask for your consent to collect, process, use or disclose your personal information.
- We will identify the purposes for which we will collect and further process your personal information.
- We will only collect the information necessary to achieve the identified purposes of use.
- We will use or disclose your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected, except with your consent or as required or permitted by applicable law, and we will only retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfill those purposes.
- We will work to ensure that personal information is accurate, complete and up to date.
- We will implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information.
- We will make our policies and practices for handling personal information as transparent as possible.
- You will have access to your personal information and will be able to correct your personal information as necessary in accordance with your rights under applicable law.
4. Scope of this information on the processing of personal data
This information on the processing of personal data applies to: personal information provided by the user when using the Application, optional services made available within the Application and other applications that integrate or work in combination with the Application (collectively “applications”); the personal information we collect when the user visits the websites managed by us in relation to our applications and personal information about you provided by other users of the Service.
5. Types of Personal Information We Collect
When you create an account and use the Services, the Application collects, uses and transfers the following types of information:
- Information relating to your account
When you create a YamYam account to access the Services (an “Account”), the Application will ask you to provide your valid e-mail address, your name and your surname. This information is necessary because we could send you an email to the address provided, as part of our ongoing efforts to detect and discourage unauthorized or fraudulent use or abuse of the Services. We may also use your email to provide you with important information about the Services.
If you choose to enable the “Allow others to add” feature, your first and last name will be used to allow other users who know your first and last name to add you as a member of a YamYam crew. Keep in mind that you can at any time choose to enable or disable this “Allow others to add” function directly in the application.
- Device information and access logs when using our service
When using the Services, it is possible to obtain and keep certain electronic identification or log data provided automatically by the device in use: device type, operating system type, IP address, browser information including type and language settings, device, cookie data, advertising identifier or mobile application identifier.
This information is necessary as part of our ongoing efforts to detect and discourage unauthorized or fraudulent use or abuse of the Services, as well as to offer you customized options and optimize the Service for your device. Also, please note that a third party advertising identifier may be associated with your account via our internal identifier.
- Contact information for customer support
- Information from the YamYam website.
We may record your access to the site through the use of plugins or obtain the URL of the websites that integrate our plug-in that you visit while connected to our Services through your browser. The data obtained in this way will be used for the purpose of identifying how our Services are used and maintaining and improving the Services. Please note that your personal information will not be obtained from such websites or applications with our plug-ins if you are logged out of the Services.
- User-generated content
In addition to the information described above, you can choose to set your profile information and show who you are to other users. Additionally, you can choose to create “user-generated content” such as text and audio messages, photos, videos, geo-location data or the contact information of your YamYam friends and share this user-generated content with other users.
Please note that profile information and user-generated content that you share with others may be copied, stored or disclosed by recipients and potentially accessible to unintended third-party recipients due to the nature of the digital data. We encourage you to be very careful and cautious when generating and sharing your personal information or content with others.
6. How we use and manage your information
- for the development, supply and improvement of our services:
- provide additional services and services to the User and allow the user to transmit user-generated content to other YamYam users;
- to allow the user to use their Account on multiple devices;
- to help you find people you know who are already YamYam users so that you can connect using YamYam and, with your prior agreement, to allow other YamYam users to connect with you;
- enable us to provide customer support and to respond effectively to your inquiries and requests;
- conduct user surveys;
- notify you of any other important information relating to the Services and Additional Services, if necessary;
- aggregate anonymous statistical data relating to the Services and any additional Services;
- comply with applicable laws or legal obligations;
- to maintain the security of the Services or prevent unauthorized use:
- verify your identity;
- monitor, detect and discourage unauthorized or fraudulent use or abuse of the Services;
- for personalization or delivery of advertisements
- improve and / or optimize the Services and any additional Services; is
- measure the effectiveness of the advertisements we publish on the Internet or other media.
In principle, we obtain your consent when we process your personal information. If, however, permitted by applicable laws, we may manage your personal information when any of the following occur:
- the processing is necessary for the execution of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take action at your request before entering into a contract;
- the processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, when we follow information disclosure orders based on laws and regulations announced by government agencies);
- the processing is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or that of another person;
- the processing is necessary to investigate, prevent and take measures against illegal or suspicious acts; or
- processing is necessary for the legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party, except where those interests are overridden by your privacy rights, interests and freedoms (including improving operations or systems, preventing fraud, maintaining security, marketing and research carried out by us).
Since no method of electronic transmission or data storage method is perfect or impenetrable, we cannot guarantee that the user’s personal information is absolutely safe from intrusion during transmission or while it is stored in our systems.
To protect your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information, we also need your help. Please do not share your password with others or use the same passwords used for other services. Also, please notify us in case you suspect unauthorized use of your account or any other security breach via our contact form.
How long does YamYam keep my information?
We may retain your personal information following closure or closure of your Account if retention is reasonably necessary:
- comply with applicable laws, regulations or legal obligations;
- provide and complete customer support service;
- resolve disputes between or with YamYam users, for the duration of the applicable limitation period; or
- detect and discourage unauthorized or fraudulent use or abuse of the Services.
Does YamYam provide my information to third parties?
- to help us maintain your session when you use additional Services and / or Services;
- improve the security of our systems;
- store your preferences and provide you with personalized services;
- to help us understand how people use the Services and to improve them
We also use the following third party cookies on the website: Google Statistics
Most Internet browsers allow you to control whether or not to accept cookies. If, however, you disable cookies or limit the ability to set cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of the website or access all of its functions, which may limit the overall user experience.
Does YamYam use third party modules?
YamYam uses third party advertising agencies to serve advertisements on the Internet or other media. To measure the effectiveness of advertising and determine how much to pay to advertising agencies, we install third-party modules within the Apps.
7. Your choices, your rights
There is a possibility that YamYam may obtain personal information relating to persons who are not currently users of the Services. Note that regardless of whether you are a user of the Services or not, you have the options and rights set out in this section if we retain your personal information.
How do I check my information?
Under applicable law (including any exemptions or waivers under that law), you may have the right to access your personal information, to correct errors in your personal information, to object to the processing of your personal information for legitimate reasons, data portability etc. You can exercise some of these rights directly within the YamYam app at any time. For example:
- in the application, you can confirm and / or review the display name and profile picture; is
- in the application, you can confirm and / or review your registered e-mail address.
Other Important Information
A special note on children in the United States of America or in Europe. The service is intended for a general public and is not directed to or intended for use by minors under the age of 13 (under the age of 16 in Europe) (“Children”).
We understand the special need to protect children’s online privacy and do not knowingly collect any personal information from children.
If, however, you believe that we have collected personal information from Children, please let us know via the Contact Form. If you wish to send us a written request, please refer to Section 2 for our mailing address.
If we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from Children, we will deactivate the relevant Accounts and will take reasonable steps to promptly delete such personal information from our records.
Changes to this Information on the processing of personal data